Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Merging Flickr and Yahoo! ID

A quick check of my blog tonight and I noticed my SouthOz Flickr badge was empty! Over to my Flickr page and I was greeted with the message below.
"On March 20th, 2007 we'll be discontinuing the old email-based Flickr sign in system. From that point on, everyone will have to use a Yahoo! ID to sign in to Flickr."

Apparently there are some big changes in the wind which have necessitated the merging of my Flickr and Yahoo! IDs before being able to 'continue using your account.'

Flickr is such a fantastic service, I can't complain about the merging process and new sign-on process but Yahoo! does require more personal details than many other web services!
Now my Flickr badge is back on track!
Have you checked your Flickr account lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment